Electronics Hardware Technology Park Scheme
The EHTP Scheme is a 100% export-oriented scheme for the development and export of electronic hardware. Hardware Technology Park Scheme
The electronics hard Technology Park scheme has been launched by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology with the support of software technology parks of India. The unit undertaking to export its entire production of goods and services is set up under the scheme (electronic hardware technology park). These units can be engaged in manufacturing and services.
Equivalent to the policy to give a push for the export of electronic hardware, such units would be encouraged to be set up under the export-oriented scheme.
Scheme Benefits and Highlights
The Units established under the EHTP Scheme carry out the following activities:
• Manufacture any item of electronic hardware for exports.
• Manufacture of both hardware and software in an integrated manner for exports.
• R&D activity, maintenance, testing, and calibration services for electronics products meant for exports.
• EHTP units can import all types of goods, including capital goods free of duty as defined in the Export-Import (EXIM) Policy, required by it for manufacture, services, production, and processing or in connection therewith.
• The units shall also be permitted to import goods, including capital goods, free of cost or on loan from clients required for the approved activity.
• EHTP units may procure goods required by them for manufacture, services, production, and processing or in connection therewith, duty-free, from bonded warehouses.
• Simplified minimum export performance norms are, “Positive Net Foreign Exchange Earnings.”