Capacity Building and Technical Assistance (CB&TA)
The Ministry of devolvement of the northeastern region has launched a capacity-building technical assistance scheme. The main aim of the Ministry of Development of the Northeastern Region is to strengthen the people of the northeast and their human resources, particularly the youth, to make them skilled and employable. Good governance will be influenced by the skill and knowledge base of administrators in the state governments.
Under this Scheme, The budget of Rs. 25cr. has been allotted to residential training for the youth of NER with a budget. All the courses that are provided under the scheme were NSQF aligned while the payouts/ disbursement of funds to the TPs was made according to standard Norms.
The main target of the scheme was to train around 9,681 young candidates. The scheme has been closed now. Consequently, the total enrolment of 9,435 candidates, among them 6,686 candidates have been certified and 3,638 candidates are placed, according to the report.
Term for the Grant-in-aid
• For short-term training courses of up to six months, the 1st installment of 75% is to be released after receiving the acceptance and the bond executed; the second installment of the remaining 25% will be released after the submission of the expenditure.
• The medium-term courses are more than six months to one year
• The long-duration training courses of over one year.
• Medium-term and long-term courses, the 1st installment of 50%, 2nd installment of 40%, and 3rd installment of 10% respectively would be aided.
Who can apply?
• All Central and State Government departments
• Centers of excellence in training, Education, and Research Universities
• Central and State PSUs (Public Sector Undertaking)
• Autonomous organizations under Central, State, and local Governments
• Institutions of training and education in the private sector and NGOs and trusts.